It’s amazing what can make us feel inadequate.
God loves me. Just as much as the people I feel inferior to.
He loves me just as much:
– as the girl my same age who owns two businesses.
– when I don’t keep my room and bathroom clean and organized.
– when I waste my time on the computer.
– when I’m not as crafty and artsy as a blogger I follow.
– when I waste time playing games on my iphone.
– when I can’t motivate myself to do the dishes.
– when I feel unoriginal.
– when I’m not productive.
– when I can’t write songs “as cool as” so and so.
– when I play guitar and sing in my bedroom instead of on a stage in front of thousands of people.
– when I am left out.
– when I am not involved in extracurricular church activities.
– when I don’t have a cool, successful, trendy online store selling cool, trendy things.
– when my house is not picked up.
– when all I can do is say “Jesus” as a call for help.
– when I feel unappreciated.
– when people like other people’s pictures and music but don’t mention anything to me about mine.
– when I can’t make myself sit down and read my Bible.
– when I can’t write a new song.
God’s love is so huge and unfathomable, and it’s amazing how such petty little things can make me feel inferior. It’s amazing how we can care so much about things that God doesn’t even look at. He doesn’t love me less. He never loves me less. He always loves me more than I can comprehend. ALWAYS. He doesn’t compare me to my neighbors and friends and peers. He sees me and He is overcome with joy. If you’re having one of those days where you feel like you aren’t as good as the next person, or like you could be/do so much better but can’t find the motivation, know that God looks on you with love. A love that doesn’t waver based on our performance or status.
I thank John Mark McMillan for helping me remember that. “How He Loves” should be everyones theme song.
“He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane
I am a tree
The weight of his wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these
Afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful you are
And how great your affections are for me“